HAPPY SUNDAZE! ☀ Half a dragon fruit, half an apple, black grapes, blueberry yogurt & a glass of low fat milk to start the day. 😋 #home #prettyfood #breakfast #foodporn #foodie #dragonfruit #fruits #healthy #yummy #omnomnomnom #domesticated #happy #apartmentlife #love #sundays #thegoodlife 🌸🌾
- The Brooklyn Bridge: Manhattan.C-Print, 36 x 24” | 91.4 x 61 cm.
- The Brooklyn Bridge: Manhattan.C-Print, 36 x 24” | 91.4 x 61 cm (detail).
Demolition Zhang Dali
“…through art, I can demonstrate–to those subjected to control and numbed by habit–the truth of the afflictions that we suffer. Bulldozers alter the appearance of streets overnight, which makes people accept modernization, while depriving many people of their possessions and their spiritual resources. I document the demolished homes and the new life established among the ruins.”
Zhang Dali takes photographs of his silhouette, made of graffiti and half-demolished walls, framing scenes of change in modern China, a silent protest against the frenetic development going on in his homeland.
Changing New York: Photographs by Berenice Abbott, 1935-1938
- Fulton Street Dock, Manhattan skyline, Manhattan
- Murray Hill Hotel, from Park Avenue and 40th Street, Manhattan
- Washington Square looking north, Manhattan
- Brooklyn Bridge, Water and Dock Streets, looking southwest, Brooklyn
- Greyhound Bus Terminal, 33rd and 34th Streets between Seventh and Eighth Avenues, Manhattan
- Jefferson Market Court, southwest corner of Sixth Avenue and West 10th Street
All images from the New York Public Library Digital Gallery